The Ultimate Peer-to-Peer Exchange
By Heather Wiederhoeft, YPO
Peer-to-peer exchange has been a hallmark of YPO since the organization’s foundation and the Member-led Conversations at the Global Leadership Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, provide an environment for active idea exchange.
While GLC attendees spent the majority of the day in intense learning workshops to prepare for their upcoming leadership year, the afternoon provided an opportunity to connect to new ideas and alternative perspectives.
Although a member facilitates each conversation, the discussions are guided by the questions introduced by the participating members. The 24 member-hosted conversations covered an array of topics including.
- Seth Streeter of Mission Wealth Management discussing gaining better understanding of the behaviors, habits, mindsets and values to achieve the 3.0 vision of your life.
- Clint Greenleaf of Content Capital Group covering the often challenging topic of teaching children about money.
- David Garrison of Garrison Growth leading a conversation on employee engagement titled,”Profiting from Engagement: CEO Insights for Creating Outstanding Results in Millennial Generations.”
- Bernie Tenenbaum with China Cat Capital opening a conversation on creating high functioning boards.
- Dennis Overton of Aquascot facilitating the discussion on influential leadership.
- YPO Mentoring and its benefits to members led by Catherine Hodgson of The Hodgson Group.
- Bobby Sager of the Sager Family Foundation engaging members in a dialogue on how photography can change their lives.
- Debby Carreau of Elevation Group asking members how do they go about creating a great workplace.
As the day drew to a close, members embarked on regional dinners held throughout Vancouver to facilitate member connections within YPO’s 15 regions.
On Wednesday, workshops will continue in the morning, followed in the afternoon with the return of last year’s popular program YPO LAB (Leaders Across Borders) highlighting members who will share their inspiring, personal stories of overcoming extraordinary challenges.